New Release Valuemation Analytics 4.5
The new version of USU's solution for IT analytics is available since April 1. This version offers you the following new features:
The scheduler module already introduced with VM Analytics 4.4 has now been extended to not only schedule ETL jobs, but also to schedule the creation and sending of reports and the execution of system scripts such as .bat or .sh. With the extension you can
- Create multiple reports in one schedule and send them in one email
- Add date and time information to the report file name
- Save reports to the file system
- Use parameters in the e-mail text (for example, order name and time specification)
- Define schedules that are executed with another user
- Execute a schedule immediately with a play button.
There is a new analysis option for the Knowledge Management domain that you can use to evaluate the read behavior of documents. The read accesses can be grouped by date, document, type and status of the document, among other things. This makes it easy to identify patterns in reading behavior – e.g. the top 10 documents in the current month compared to the previous month – or documents no longer in use.
These two new cubes are used to analyze Valuemation's audit and history tables:
- In the "Ticket Audit" cube you can now create evaluations with the known dimensions such as ticket status, ticket class or support group as well as evaluations for specific events. This makes it possible, for example, to evaluate the support group change process for a specific ticket class.
- The "Ticket History" cube answers questions about the ticket status and its development over time. This allows statements to be made about how many tickets were in which status at a certain time. In our current implementation, this level is calculated per month. It is possible to change to a weekly calculation. The known dimensions such as business partner, location, type, priority and category are available for grouping and filtering.
You can benefit from these advantages in the evaluation of audit and history tables:
- Typical questions that could previously only be answered by saving several snapshots can now be solved in a single snapshot approach.
- This makes the loading process faster: Fewer snapshots in the EA database mean faster loading into the DM database.
- The evaluations are faster because the queries on the DM database are executed on a smaller data basis.
- You save your resources because less data requires less storage space.
The new Translation Maintenance module simplifies the linguistic localization of Mondrian schemes and now offers you the possibility to maintain the translations via an integrated user interface. You can add and delete entries manually, but you can also import a Mondrian schema. The system extracts the missing keys.
The default translation language for the Analyzer report can be specified as the default setting. The Mondrian Cube is translated in the Analyzer report using this default language if a user uses a language that is not currently supported by Valuemation Analytics. It is also possible to import and export the keys and translations in XML format.
Numerous new visualization options have already been introduced with Valuemation Analytics 4.4. With the new "KPI" visualization, you can now also display individual, specific key figures that are of particular importance to you. You can name and format the relevant key figure yourself. When calculating the key figure, you can choose between an average or a trend calculation:
- Average: The system calculates the key figure value as an average of all values in the result set.
- Trend: The system uses the last two values of the result set for the calculation. The last value is displayed as KPI, the penultimate value is used to calculate the trend. The trend is displayed as an arrow and as a percentage.
For percentage and arrow, it is also possible to invert the colors (default green = positive value, red = negative value; after inverting red = positive value, green = negative value).
You can give your key figure a name and define a prefix and a postfix. For the value and descriptions it is possible to select a font color from a list. The size of the display can be changed in the range of 30 % - 250% in an increment of 10 %.
Do you have any questions or would you like further information?
In an online presentation, you can obtain non-binding information about Valuemation Analytics and get to know these and other functionalities in detail.
Please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!