USU’s foreign business increases, ensuring positive development
In the second quarter of 2019, consolidated sales of USU Software AG and its subsidiaries (hereinafter the USU Group) rose by 10.3% compared with last year to EUR 22.9 million. Primary contributors to the trend were the strong license and SaaS business, which the USU Group was able to expand by nearly 50% compared with the year before, bringing it to EUR 3.2 million (Q2/2018: EUR 2.2 million).
At the same time, maintenance revenue, including Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) grew by just under 25% to EUR 7.2 million. The share of foreign business in sales revenue was 32.2% during the second quarter (2018 25.5%), in part owing to above-average growth in the USA.
The expansion of its high-margin software business enabled the USU Group to achieve a significant increase in profits during the first half of 2019 and swelled its EBITDA by 155.8% in comparison with last year to EUR 2.4 million. Existing orders across the Group amounted to EUR 54.2 million at the end of the second quarter, thus topping the prior-year period by 18.2% – a new record in the history of USU.
Here is an overview of the most important details:
- Sales growth of 10.3% in Q2/2019
- Foreign sales in Q2/2019 increased by 40%
- License revenue climbs nearly 50% in Q2/2019
- Adjusted earnings significantly higher
- Half-year figures in line with plan
- Existing orders set new record
- Sales and profit planning for entire year and medium-term planning to 2021 confirmed
For more information, please see our press release on the USU website.